Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pojagi inspiration for window panel


Here is my first experiment with a pojagi inspired piece. It will be a window cover on a long narrow window by a stairwell in my son's apartment. I am delighted in the way it looks like stained glass. The technique is simply joining pieces with flat-felled seams (like the inside seam on your Levi's).  Pojagi, also called bojagi, originates as a Korean art used for wrapping cloths. I found a great tutorial here at The Silly BooDilly blog. The flat-felled seams are her tutorial #2 on the post. 



Have a happy creative weekend!

7 comments:

lindaharre said...

Reminds me of Mondrian! I can't figure out how you got the black lines though:D Love your Boro quilt also!

Cat said...

Thanks! The seams appear black because they are 4 layers of fabric and do not let the light thru like the rest of the fabric. When the piece is not held to the light, the seams are not darker. :)

One Crabapple said...

JeeeeeeperZ , already ??? You got this done already ?

So cool - and links to tutorials too

off to check it out

Thx !

Judy S. said...

Interesting! It does look like stained glass and also makes me think of Frank Lloyd Wright! Very nice. Was it difficult?

Quiltalicious said...

This looks a lot like the others said - some kind of cross between Mondrian and FLW. Love the stained glass look of it!

And YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!
http://serial-quilter.blogspot.com/2012/11/ive-been-tagged.html

Unknown said...

Cat, so fun to see your name come across my email!

Beautiful work here...I have not been blog visiting much, but so happy when someone visits me so I can come over.

Nice to see that Ms Crabapple here too!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Also reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright.